Travel: Maine

We got back from Maine (Mount Desert Island) a few weeks ago but I'm just getting around to looking at the 700 or so shots that I took (forget looking at the shots that Tim took!). I guess this next statement is obvious :), but I love taking photos! I shoot for fun all the time, always have some type of camera attached to me and I usually end up with at least a few hundred shots of random things in a regular week (not on vacation). After working on all my clients photos, I sometimes can get lazy with my own shots. Plus, shooting digital sometimes makes me lazy - I save, archive, backup my files on the computer, but, for awhile, I was not really printing the awesome day-to-day shots that I was getting. So, it an effort to get some of our life off the computer :), I started to make albums for each season or 2x per year with all my favorite everyday, family and travel photos (Summer 2007, Fall/Winter 2008, etc). Its awesome because we already have quite a few albums and look at them all the time. I try to design them with a similar style so they form a small type of library.

Anyway, enough rambling, here are a few of my favorites from Maine (and my next album - Summer 2008). Its so beautiful up there; pretty much impossible to find a less than perfect view anywhere you look (if you are interested, here are my photos from our trip last year).

IMG_2893_SMALL

IMG_3433_SMALL

IMG_3263_SMALL

IMG_3085_SMALL

IMG_2834_SMALL

IMG_3306_SMALL

IMG_2868_SMALL

IMG_3470_SMALL

IMG_2935_SMALL

IMG_3426_SMALL

IMG_2861_SMALL

IMG_3381_SMALL

IMG_3465_SMALL

IMG_3308_SMALL

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jade! Love your Maine pictures. So are you printing individual prints and putting them in a traditional photo album, or are you making Blurb style photo books? I'm trying to figure out what to do with our pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in love with the Typha and root pictures (I wonder why). I think you need to be throwing some prints my way so I can proudly showcase some Jade originals in my home and office.

    ReplyDelete